Though I am still new to blog scene, I have noticed multiple uses for this new trend. Because I
am a diehard sports fan, I love to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with the players and coaches.
Sometimes all of the previously mentioned information is not provided as liberally as I would like by
official media. That is why I love the individuals who take it upon themselves to provide insight, though
not always perfectly accurate, to junkies like myself who are looking for something to read up on!
Very few people are as in love with the Utah Jazz as me. It really is pathetic. They are the
girlfriend that loves to date for a bit then take breaks whenever she deems it convenient. Some games
they look great and don’t disappoint me in the least. Other games I wonder who I am metaphorically
dating. The very identity I fell in love with begins to fade away, play by play right in front of my eyes. But
when things are good I will come crawling back, like I always do.
Now my venting is completed, let me explain why I love the blogs kept up by other sorry Jazz
fans. First, not all fans and followers of Utah’s team have the same ideas and opinions that I share.
Mostly this provides drops of optimism but there have been instances when the sobering facts provided
from fellow sources have outright made me sick. I just enjoy pretending something is more complex and
important than it really is. Secondly, user comments can make some for some good debate. A lot of
would-be coaches like to weigh in on issues that we can only speculate, as the fans really have no
coaching influence. The comments also provide followers an opportunity to network with one another.
There are few things better than sharing a subpar season with other emotionally damaged fans.
Lastly, these blogs created and maintained by somewhat to less than credible sources, provide
great links, videos, and threads to other interesting information. This helps all of the enablers of the
sketchy girlfriend (Jazz) to stay up to date. I love that I am not alone in the search for something that
only leads to heart break.
Along the same lines as “jazz” I really enjoy music! Especially new music, although I have been
known to replay a song until the death of it, or those around me. There are literally hundreds of
websites that feature new music every day. Music really has no cap on when it will be finished. Neither
can experts predict the shift of popular genres and artists. I couldn’t be happier about either of those
principles. A great day to me must be accompanied by some sort of soundtrack. I have too many hours
in the day that I am obliged to keep quiet. Music, particularly the kind I have not heard yet, amplifies
even the most trivial activities. Discovering new music is like trying delicious dessert for the first time. If
that can even be put into words.
Hip hop music has got to be one of the greatest things to happen to Earth in the last 30 years.
That and Squeeze It’s. Even though I am a white boy, the country I live in says it is more than okay for
me to enjoy hip hop. But finding new hip hop in a largely white demographic can be challenging! Luckily
the internet knows no demographics. Surfing the web for new music trumps scanning the local radio
stations any day! One of my favorite sites http://newhiphoprbrapmusic4.blogspot.com/ provides a list
of brand new (new to me at least) songs accompanied by the artist and a download link. I won’t get into
the ethics of “sharing” music files.
This site along with some others, helps me stay ahead of the curb with some of my friends who
share my interest in hip hop music. I do owe my minimal knowledge of this music to those who take the
time to contribute their information to all of us, soaked in the hip hop culture or not.
Tanner,
ReplyDeleteVery good ideas and insight, as a sports fan I too share some of the same thoughts as you on this. Yet, you bring to light a very intriguing point on why I should read sports blog more, rather than reading the more mainstream media. Great job!
Great job on your post! I like that you can follow blogs about pretty much anything.
ReplyDeleteHey Tanner good job on the post, I like how your personal voice is throughout the whole thing, and the imagery with the Jazz girlfriend illustrates your point very well.
ReplyDeleteGood job man! Lots of good info and details. Jazz references always nice.
ReplyDelete-Bryce