Monday, November 7, 2011

Perh(APPS) you should read this

Most smart phone users are familiar with the applications on their phones, otherwise known as "apps". These applications allow users to more easily access the programs they frequent the most. Some phones come embedded with certain apps, these are referred to as native, and most other applications can be purchased from itunes or other digital marketplaces. Apps provide a convenience and practical use never before known to any generation. Hundreds of years ago maps were made based on the knowledge of experienced individuals who were familiar with a particular region. In 2011 an app can tell you where you are, what you are near and how to get to your desired location in a matter of seconds. Astonishing.

But what is the purpose of apps? Some people claim that these helpmates can change your life: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704739504576067940909870176.html

In my personal use of apps on my smart phone, I frequently rely on the GPS and weather features to help me prepare for my day and travel situations. Though I take this technology for granted, my grandparents cannot even begin to fathom my magical methods. They just nod their heads in awe as I effortlessly thumb through my tasks for the day. Other essential/interesting apps I have discovered include: Pandora, ESPN score center, mobile email of course, gaming apps, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and of course the local and national newspaper apps.

While on the phone cruising through different features, don't forget to text your friends about the new incredible apps. Text messaging needs no introduction or explanation but I found this article to be interesting:http://www.articlesbase.com/computers-articles/the-history-of-text-messaging-1177228.html

It blows my mind to know of what critical conversations take place via text messaging. I have been guilty of such measures but in my defense I was but a teenager. Today it is commonplace for couples to begin and end their dating experience with the simple send button on their phones.

Texting can be a great medium in terms of effective communication, but more regularly published are the evils and mishaps it has caused. Just like with anything else, media is only what we make of it.  Lol Haha Gtg!

3 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of phone conversations over text messaging. I feel like texting takes too much time, however it is useful for the awkward or uncomfortable things that need to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, I also have grandparents who are blown away by the technology that we use all the time. And the text message part was interesting-isn't it sad that people can't talk face to face anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! great title ha well written too

    ReplyDelete