In a recent study conducted by global researchers, it has been linked that PR professionals are not only efficient in advertising and publicity, but have adequate marketing and managing skills reported a Harvard Professor. When I first read this I thought, well duh! Of course PR people should be fully capable of being capable of all of the a fore mentioned qualities. But that is not always the case. The study showed that PR students and professional "generally" acquired the skill set to both publicize and manage in their fields. Some individuals who are more introverted have a hard time dealing with the face to face interaction that can be included in public relations. Technology suits the comfort of these people who would rather deal with social networking and online advertisement as opposed to daily confrontations. SO even though not all public relations specialists pursue active management and marketing, I do agree that a good percentage of them are certainly capable of doing such. The skills learned and practiced in college and in the work field put any hardworking PR person in a very qualified position.
http://media.prsa.org/article_display.cfm?article_id=1653
No comments:
Post a Comment