Sunday, April 17, 2011

PRSA Articles Part V

A secret part of me wants to start my own business i.e. a PR firm, but I have never really given much thought to the reality of start up costs, the risks involved, and the technicalities of delegating important paperwork responsibilities. I have however, dwelt on the reward that comes from taking a risk. This article was really inspiring for not only those seeking to make it on own their own in the PR industry, but for anyone with hopes and aspirations of owning their own business someday. Some key points that I drew from the article were as follows. Hire good people. Don't have more than two owners or at least try to maintain 50% equity in the business. Have confidence, things will fall into place from unexpected sources. Those sources include friends and close networks that will be more supportive than perhaps realized. It is important to maintain friendships within these networks not only for business growth but for expanded publicity. Many other essential and helpful tips are included in the article.
http://prsay.prsa.org/index.php/2011/04/14/starting-your-own-pr-firm/

No comments:

Post a Comment